It's Friday again & time for another Five for Friday! This week just flew by (like all of the weeks have done this summer...). It has been unseasonably cool this week ~ a little bit like fall. boo! This has been an unusual year weather-wise ~ with e Polar Vortex & the cool summer temps. The fair started yesterday, and as a former fair mom, I know that cooler weather is actually nice for fair week. I remember summers spent melting in the horse barn. Actually, while I didn't like the humid weather, I did love time spent with my girls at the fair. 4-H was an important part of our life. In fact, I still am involved with 4-H as a project superintendent. I am excited for the day when my darling granddaughters are old enough to be 4-Hers.
1. First day at the fair! Isabella & Olivia love their little cousin Amelia.
Olivia had fun riding in Amelia's stroller & Amelia had fun riding in the wagon with Isabella.
I have never seen a big bag of cotton candy disappear as quickly as the one we ate yesterday did! Isabella & Olivia are fans of the sweet treat. Amelia wasn't quite sure what to make of it.
My granddaughters & their mommies. We watched a high diving act warm up.
It was pretty exciting ~ I can't wait to see the whole show!
2. I have spent lots of time with my little darlings!
Olivia really likes ice cream drumsticks. Isabella had fun playing with her mom's old
Polly Pockets. I took this selfie one day while holding a snoozing Amelia.
Isabella loves to color. Olivia gives her dolly a kiss.
Amelia's new favorite activity ~ standing & walking!
3. Serious pain in the...toe! I will never claim to be graceful or light on my feet. I walked into the corner between the dining room & kitchen. Everyone in the dining room heard the crack. :-( My toe is definitely broken (but, I did manage to hobble around the fair). Luckily, I have my little pup to keep me company. Macie loves to hang out with me in the sunroom or on the porch.
4. Rainbow! This was not only a full arc, but a double rainbow. I took the pictures with my phone, so the double part doesn't show up. It was really beautiful!
5. Covered Altoids box. I was in our local Halmark store & saw some cute covered metal tins. They had a tiny note pad & a little pen inside of them, and cost about $12! I was able to make a replica for a fraction of the cost. (And, I do think mine is better ~ I wrapped the paper around the top edge so it won't lift off & lined my box!) I'm not really sure what I will do with it, but it was fun to put together.
Have you entered my giveaway? Click HERE to enter.
Last summer I had a great "Sweet Summer Giveaway" complete with wonderful prizes. Well, thanks to some of my blogging buddies, I have been able to put together another AWESOME giveaway! Check out the wonderful products you could win.
Summer is just whizzing by! I haven't really been busy, but the time is just flying by. I've read a lot of books, and spent time with my family, and have tried not to think about school (too much!). I have been so neglectful of my little blog. It's been so long since I've posted! But, I am ready (OK, I'm a day late) with my Five for Friday!
1. We started summer with a litter of barn kittens! This is the first time we've ever had kittens. Sisters Cinderella & Rapunzel had kittens on the same day. Cinderella took care of her kittens as well as those of her sister. (Rapunzel must not be the mothering type.) We found homes for two kitties, but still have five left. Do you want one?
2. I spent the day in St. Joseph, MI with Sarah & her family. It was a glorious day on the beach! Lake Michigan isn't as choppy here as it is on the beaches in Indiana, so the little girls were able to have fun in the water. Isabella is a little fish! Olivia was a little timid at first, but soon joined her big sister in the lake!
3. Water fun with Amelia. We have a wonderful little park in the middle of downtown ~ complete with a splash pad for the kids! Amelia really liked the little water spouts.
4. I have managed to get to the outlet mall a few times!
5. I've eaten some really good treats. The berries have been sooooo good! Gabrielle made the baby cupcakes (her frosting is to die for!). Sarah made the pretty fruit topped cake. Yum!
Now, hop over to Doodle Bugs Teaching to add your own Five things!