Thursday, January 31, 2013

100th Day!


Hooray, hooray!  It's 100th Day!  Today we had our much anticipated 100th Day of Kindergarten!  My Kinders and I were so excited to come to school today.  Our day was filled with all things 100 - everything from counting to crafts.  I took lots of pictures, of course.  I wish I had permission to show the kiddos' faces because the look of excitement and delight as they worked *quietly* in the six different 100-themed stations.  Yes, they worked quietly!  There was happy chatter around the room, but no crazy noise.  I was tired at the end of the day, but very happy - this has got to be my best 100th Day ever!



We made our crowns yesterday - the Kinders wanted to wear them all day today!
We ate the number 100 for a quick morning snack!   


 The 100 Club.  "Members" join by counting to 100 for me.  Once they count to me, they get to write their name on their "membership card" with a Sharpie (more fun than a regular marker...)

100 piece snack - the kids counted out 10 pieces each of 10 different treats with the help of a volunteer dad.  (I was so lucky to have seven parents come it to help with our activities!)

Kinder Bakery - working in small groups, the kids counted out 100 sprinkles to create one of a kind cupcakes with the help of a mom.  They filled out a "recipe" card (see below).
Cupcakes!

I got the idea for these counting mats from Pinterest. They are laminated so that I can keep them from year to year.  (I made a class set because I thought they would be helpful when we study numbers to 100.)  The kids brought 100 small items from home, and with the help of a mom, they counted them by tens.

After placing a Fruit Loop onto each space of a 100s chart, they created colorful necklaces.  They placed a pony bead after each 10 "Loops."  
I didn't take a close-up, but the little slips of paper seen in many photos are the kids' schedules.  When they visited a station, they got a sticker.  Click *here* for a copy.

 100 Stamp Books.  Using 10 ten frames and 10 different rubber stamps, they kids had fun creating a unique book to practice counting by tens to 100.


 Secret code.  This is an older resource shared by one of my fabulous teaching partners, so I don't have a link.  Kinders filled in numbers on a 100s chart to reveal a hidden picture. 
 


As an optional activity, students & parents were invited to send me a photo of a collection of 100 items that were too big to fit into a zipper bag.  Several students did so, and we enjoyed a fun slide show as we ate our 100 item snack.  One little girl's collection was so creative, I asked her mom for permission to share it on my blog.  Happily, she has allowed me to share this fun collection. 

Hooray for 100th Day!  What did your class do?






2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! And amazing giveaway!!!! I loved looking at your post from last year about your 100th day. It gave me great ideas for this year. Thanks so much for all the amazing ideas :)
    Julie
    DDgirl4ever@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We finally had this year's 100th Day last week - check it out to see how we aged in one year! lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...