Saturday, January 26, 2013

Daily Five - A Little Help, Please

This semester the primary teachers at my school are doing a book study of The Daily Five.  I read it two summers ago, and am looking forward to reading it again - and discussing it with my collegues.  As I have mentioned in earlier posts, I do an I-Chart to help my Kinders while working in Stations, Skill Tubs, and other partner activites.  I love it!  They know just how to behave and what is expected of them as they work.  We (my Kinder partners) do a variation of listen to reading, word work, and writing in our weekly Literacy Stations. 

Here's the part where I would like some help:  If you have any tips, ideas, thoughts, or links about implementing The Daily Five in kindergarten, I would love to hear them!  Please leave a comment, a link to your blog, etc. below.  I am very excited to hear from my fellow Kinder Teachers.  Thank You!

The Daily Five

4 comments:

  1. Making Daily 5 work for me in my classroom has been an ongoing project for me now for about 2 years. =) I've learned to just "tweak" it constantly to make it work for me. I love it! I've posted a few times on my blog about how I'm making the program work for me. However, due to an unfortunate technichal glitch many of my daily 5 pics are not viewable. Long story...but the info is still there. Good luck!

    Bobbie
    The Daily Cupcake…A Kindergarten Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check it out now. Thanks for yor input!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. Some great bloggers did a book study this summer on implementing Daily 5 in Kindergarten. Here is a link to that and you can check out all the posts from there! http://livelovelaughkindergarten.blogspot.com/2012/06/kindergarten-daily-5-book-study.html. Hope this helps! I also have some great things on my Daily 5 pinterest board that might inspire you! Check them our at http://pinterest.com/katijow4/daily-5/. Good luck! Katie
    kwampfler@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the great links! I can't wait to check them out.
      Linda

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...