Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Groundhog Day

Who Will See Their Shadows This Year?


Just a quick post to show the cute Groundhog puppets we made last week.  I hadn't originally planned to do anything about Groundhog Day because it fell on Saturday.  But, after reading Who Will See Their Shadow This Year? I just couldn't resit making some sort of craft.  These little critters were seriously thought up on the fly!  I had about 4 minutes before the Kinders were due back from recess when I thought it up!  Luckily, they go to a special right before lunch, so I had time to whip things together for them to make their puppets later in the afternoon.  (PS  Thanks Mrs. S. for helping me with the paper plates!)

The Kinders were so excited to use their little groundhogs to predict the weather Saturday morning!  Yesterday many of them told me that they did look for a shadow - and happily didn't see one!  We'll have to wait and see if their little guys predicted correctly or not!  :-)
Some of the kids decorated their plates to look like a groundhog home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...