Sunday, October 6, 2013

Randomness

Happy Sunday!  I hope you had a great weekend!  Mine was super busy, so that is why my Five for Friday is late (again...  is this going to be a trend?)
                                                 
                                                       Divider-1_thumb13
The Kinder Diva team:  Patty, Becca, and me.  (Deb wasn't at school Friday)  A parent in Patty's class got these cool shirts from Etsy for us.  It was such an unexpected and wonderful surprise!  (She is a friend of Patty, so she knows all about Kinderdivaliciousness!)

 Divider-2_thumb4
Jolly Phonics!  Oh, how I love Jolly Phonics!  This is one of the "cheat sheets" that came with our set.  I laminated them so the kids could write on them.  I gave them a sound & they circled the letter/letters that make the sound.  This is the first year using this program, and I am amazed at how well they can decode & write words already!
 These are some little booklets from Teacher's Helper - check out the spelling!  They really, truly did spell these all by themselves!  Yay!  We haven't covered every sound/spelling yet, but so far I'm impressed!



                                                         Divider-3_thumb4 
Butterfly release.  The county's agriculture vocational building is on our school's campus.  Lucky for us!  The beautiful gardens in our elementary courtyard were planted and maintained by the "AG" students, and they raised a flock (??) of Monarch butterflies.  The Kinders got to help the "big kids" by holding the butterflies as they were tagged.  It was a great educational experience!  The kids were so excited!  Of course, this proved to be wonderful writing prompt!  Check out the great work below!


 



                                                             Divider-4_thumb5
Red carpet event!  Well, not really a real red carpet, but a fun event anyway!  My daughter (Gabrielle of The 219) works for an advertising agency that was hired to help a local wedding venue to upgrade their image & presence.  To celebrate their new advertising plan a cocktail party was held last Friday.  Because Gabrielle's boyfriend is in the Marines, and is currently in California for training, I got to go!  Check out my dress - it was on clearance at JC Penney for $5.00! 

                                                          Divider-5_thumb5
October Currently.  Check out this fun linky at Oh Boy 4th Grade.
The kale smoothies were pretty tasty!  Gabrielle is really interested in healthy living, and likes to create yummy (although admittedly sometimes unusual) treats.  And, yes this is the same girl who whips up decadent cupcakes!  

One of the things I like about fall is the fact that I can bring out sweaters!  I own a few, er lots, of cardigans and sweaters.  I also am looking forward to wearing my fallish skirts with my cardies.

Speaking of clothing...  I'm thinking of my leopard print ankle pants from J Crew, a cute tee, and one of my cardies.  I think I'll wear my gold flats I got on clearance from Banana Republic Factory.  Ahhh, clothes.  I really love them!  

I have tons of cute fall/Halloween decorations that need to come out of storage.  Soon.

I am getting close to being finished with my math set.  Look for it soon on TpT!

Treat!  Click HERE for a little freebie.




3 comments:

  1. You and your daughter look fabulous! Thank you for the freebie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you from Oh' Boy 4th Grade! I love the Kindergarten Diva shirts! I am your newest follower! :)

    Kourtney
    paytonspreciouskindergarteners.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your freebie and for sharing your fun life!! Love the shirts, love the dress!! Love your happy post!! Amy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...