Saturday, March 12, 2016

Five for Friday

I know it's Saturday, but I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for her fun Five for Friday post. It's been a while, so I'm happy to be part of the fun. (even if I am a day late...)




1. Have you read this book? If so, you are one of many ~ this book has spent been on Amazon's top 100 list since mid February. The reason I have included it in my post is because Emily is my daughter! Yes! I'm the mother of an internationally best selling author! Emily's latest book made Amazon's top 100 list in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Pretty amazing for a girl who grew up playing Barbies & riding horses in Indiana. But, then I guess most authors had normal childhoods... If you haven't read this yet, click HERE to purchase it.


As Emily's book rose in its rankings I took screen shots. Check out some of her numbers ~ pretty awesome, don't you think?



I recently came across something Emily wrote in third grade. I  didn't realize back then that she would grow up to be "famous!"




2. My survival kit for tough days. Starbucks coffee in a well-loved cup, salted caramel chocolates form Albanese candy factory, strawberry eos, and doTerra essential oils. Most days in kindergarten are fun, but...  It's good to have these things handy. :-)


 3. My littlest granddaughter was recently baptized. Dear little Madelyn and her family.



 4. Cousins! My three older granddaughters: sisters Olivia & Isabella, and Amelia (Madelyn's big sis). We all get together every Friday for "Friday Night Craziness." These girls have so much fun together. Amelia was so funny ~ even after everyone changed into PJs she wanted to wear her ner BB8 bike helmet.


5. The Gruffalo. I bought this book today while at Barnes & Noble. I went to there to purchase books for a gift. Buuuut ~ being a serious picture book junkie I couldn't leave without getting something for myself. I'm a fan of this author/illustrator duo and needed (really, I did need it) this book for my collection. It's a cute story and I'm thinking of using it to create another close reading product. I recently posted about my first close reading experience ~ click HERE to read it.


Thanks for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...