Monday, August 13, 2012

Only One Week to Go!

A week from today school really, truly starts!  We teachers go back for meetings and such next Monday & Tuesday, and the kids come on Wednesday.  (I wonder if they would be surprised to learn that teachers are just as anxious about the first day of school as they are.)

I have been going into my classroom now and then to work on bulletin boards.  Today I snapped a few pictures of my newly decorated boards. 

My main bulletin boards - I guess you could call this the "Focus Wall."  I covered all of the boards with light blue fabric and used Poppin Patterns flower border around each.  The middle board is decorated with some flowers from the Poppin' Patterns line.  I made the sun and sign with my beloved Cricut.
I am using a Garden Theme for my classroom - our leader will be the Worker Bee! (Words on both signs are from the "Nursery Rhyme" cartridge, and the cute little bee is from "Create a Critter" cartridge.) 

I used my "Fabulous Finds" cartridge to make these cute Stations signs & "Simply Charmed" to make the flowers.  I spent hours assembling the flowers!
I found the cute felt pots on clearance at Michael's.  To hold up the sticks, I stuck them into upside down clay pots.
I bought this shredded paper to cover the clay pots, but am somewhat afraid of the potential mess...  What do you think?  Should I risk a shreddy mess in order to cover up the pots?  

 
 I hung these cute lanterns in the corner - I love how they look!  The pink poster is last year's picture "I-Chart."  Once my new crop of Kinders builds some stamina and are able to work independently, I'll make a new poster with pictures of them.
This board features a flower theme (plus a tree that has been there for several years - I like it too much to take down!).  I'll take pictures of my 18 new cuties on the first day of school to "plant" into my flower box.  These pictures stay up all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...