Monday, July 1, 2013

July Currently

Honestly...  I don't know how it got to be this far into summer!  Before you know it, Back to School signs will be popping up in stores.  Wait...


Here's one I spotted at Michael's yesterday.  I was appropriately outraged by the nerve of the store for putting out Back to School items already.  (But, I bought some anyway...)

But, back to summer vacation, here's my Currently.


As soon as I typed my "listening" entry the pleasant silence changed over to the crashing sounds of Macie (porch puppy wannabe) rooting through the toy box.  She is pretty deviously smart in that she knows if she knocks over enough stuff I'll get up from my computer.  I'll get up and go sit on the porch soon, Macie, I promise!

Daughter Emily is anxiously awaiting the end of the month when her baby girl is due.  So are we!  Being Mimi is the best & funnest role ever!  Another little girl to love is on the way!  :-)

That said, you can just imagine how much Emily is hoping for time to speed up!  She is a beautiful mama-to-be, but I remember those days of feeling like a house.  Her husband is a teacher, so he is torn, wanting the baby to get here, but wishing time could stand still once she arrives.

Maybe I'll take Macie for a walk before plunking my backside in a rocker on the porch!

Hop over to Oh Boy 4th Grade & join the linky fun!  I'm going to go walk my dog.  See ya!

PS  Click HERE to enter my new giveaway!

8 comments:

  1. I always have mixed feelings of anticipation and dread for those back to school sales! It is only July 1st so it does seem a little early!

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I don't want summer to end, but there is that attraction to school things. Thanks foe visiting!
      Linda

      Delete
  2. I am with you on wanting summer to move a lot slower. I can't believe that it is July already. I am avoiding all back to school sales until I finish unpacking all the boxes in our new house. Enjoy your Fourth of July and whatever delicious recipe you find on Pinterest!
    The Traveling Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A new home! Congratulations! Get yourself all unpacked. School can wait!
      Linda

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on making summer move slowly. I'm still in the job hunt as a first year teacher, so the closer the school year goes, the more anxious I get! I hope your 4th of July is great! You reminded me I need to find a recipe for a dessert for our picnic! :D

    -B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck in your job search. We hired FOUR new teachers for next year, so I guess the jobs are out there. I hope you find your classroom soon! Thanks for visiting.
      Linda

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the new grandbaby! I really hope summer slows down because it has FLOWN by so far. It seems like every summer keeps going by faster and faster! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I am your newest follower!

    Kristi
    Fun in First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Grandchildren are the best! Thanks for following. (I follow you, too!)
      Linda

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...