Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Bunny & Caterpillars

Happy Easter!  The eggs have been dyed, filled & hidden.  The ham will go into the oven in about 30 minutes, and I'm hoping the eggs will peel properly so that I can make deviled eggs.  (We usually end up with egg salad because the eggs never peel without falling apart!)  We have our holiday parties in the late afternoon so that my girls can have a meal with their in-laws.  I don't mind waiting - that way I don't have to rush around getting everything ready early.  This year I hid eggs and little gifts around the house for Isabella to find.  Now that she's three, she will have fun searching for goodies.  She will be in charge of finding color-coded gifts: pink for her, purple for baby sister Olivia, and yellow for her cousin to be Amelia.  It will be so much fun in a few years when all three little girls are running around the house!

It's back to school tomorrow.  Our reading lessons revolve around insects this week, so I have been busy making buggy activities to use with my Kinders.  I like to carry a theme throughout the day whenever possible.  Tomorrow we will read The Very Hungry Caterpillar, so I created this activity pack to retell the story and work on some writing skills. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...