It's Back to School time, and also Teacher Week at Blog Hoppin'! Today's topic is all about me!
1. I am about to begin my fourth year in kindergarten. Before I became a Kinder Diva, I taught first, fourth, reading, and preschool (12 years in pre-k ~ yikes!).
(This is the Kinder Diva anthem my partners & I made up last year. Feel free right click and copy.)
2. I am the fifth of seven children. Collectively we have 16 children, and some of those 16 collectively have 24 children. There are a lot of us!
3. I like to read, but find it very difficult to finish a book during the school year. Most of my for-fun reading is done sitting on my front porch during the summer.
4. I haven't paid for my own Starbucks coffee since December 2012 because of all the gift cards students have given me! (And, I visit Starbucks frequently!)
5. I have annoying curly/frizzy hair so I get a keratin treatment each summer. I love, love, love the happy straightness!
I love how nonfrizzy my hair is!
6. I love Mexican food, pizza, cupcakes (Gabrielle's homemade), and chocolate. Oh, yes, I also eat healthy things like fruit, veggies and hummus, salads, and chicken...
7. I met my husband at Purdue. We both lived in the same dorm & worked in the cafeteria. (Luckily he could see past the gold waiter jacket and hairnet!)
8. Kindergarten is my favorite grade to teach. I love the little ones - they are excited to be at school, and they say the funniest things!
9. I know how to sew, but don't sew much any more. When I was a teenager I did sew lots of my own clothes. Being from a large family, I didn't get much money to go shopping for clothes. But, my father liked that his girls could sew, so he didn't mind giving us money for fabric. I was able to build my wardrobe one stitch at a time!
This is actually last year's fair. I sewed Isabella's dress & matching doll dress, crocheted her hat, and made the big felt flower clipped onto the hat. Here we are participating in the county "Style Show." I won a $10 Joann Fabric gift card!
10. I love Disney World!
Check out this groovy family!