Saturday, August 3, 2013

Is It Cheating to Use One Post for 2 Linkies?

...I hope not!  This isn't the first time I've joined up with two linkies in one post.

First up is Five for Friday
                  
                   fiveforfriday2

1.  Granddaughters 1,2,3!

 Isabella at the fair. She loves horses, but wasn't quite sure about this draft horse!

 Olivia - Criss-Cross-Applesauce!

 Amelia - a little snuggle bunny!

2.  Sarah and I recently went to a workshop where we met Harry Kindergarten!  We were so excited to hear his presentation, and were not disappointed.  He is a fun and energetic speaker.  And, judging by the pictures and movie clips of his classroom, he must be a wonderful teacher!  


 3.  Yay!  I got my new cabinet!  I plan to use this beauty for Daily 5 activities.  Not sure why there are those random orange bins.  But what the heck, I am thrilled that we were able to get new cabinets!


4.  Some of my favorite tools:

 My tried and true Fiskars cutter.  I've had this for years, and it has seen lots of use.  I can't imagine life without it!  From scrapbooks, school projects, and 4-H posters, this baby has done it all!

 Cricut Love.  It may not be the latest model, but I love, love, love my Cricut!

 This is a nifty little tool that puts sticky onto the backs of things.  It's great for little pieces cut out by my Cricut - place them into the front, turn the handle, and POOF!  out the back comes your pieces all nice and sticky-backed ready to affix onto your project.  So very cool.

Wah-Hoo!  I have a laminater!  Thanks to the lovely teachers who purchased items from my Teachers pay Teachers store, I was able to buy My. Very. Own. Laminater!  I am really excited to be able to laminate game pieces, etc. at home.  These cute little birdies are going to help cute up my classroom.

5.  Gabrielle's friend got married last weekend, and she was one of the bridesmaids.  Doesn't she look beautiful?











Next up is August Currently



I have all the Glee soundtracks, and have never missed an episode.  I am saddened by the death of Cory Monteith.  What a shame such a talented young man died such a senseless death.

I am absolutely LOVING the fact that I have three darling granddaughters!  In a few years all three girls will be old enough to have a slumber party at Mimi & Papa's house.  Isabella has spent a few nights at our house already and we had lots of fun, so I can just imagine the fun to come!

I always get this melancholy feeling this time of year.  I really, really, really like summer vacation.  I really, really, really like being a teacher, too.  It's this transition time that is tricky.  So, I guess I need to make the most of the remaining time I have when I'm not at school getting ready for the new year.

Speaking, of which - I have so much to do at school!  My room is in pretty good shape as far as furniture placement goes.  I'm going to spend a couple hours at school tomorrow and Monday.

Back to school needs: 1. New outfit - check!  I have a cute new leopard print pencil skirt and taupe top
                                  2. Cute, organized room - getting there
                                  3. A good book - I like to purchase a new hardcover book to read at the start of the
                                      new year.  A trip to Barnes & Noble is in my near future!

Your turn to link up with Oh Boy 4th Grade  and share your current status.

                                                   

2 comments:

  1. I so need to go back to school shopping for ME! I am desperate for a new outfit to start the year off. Your grandchildren are beautiful!

    Kim
    Quinnessential Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh. 3 granddaughters... lucky you! I know that it must be hard to go back once you have grandbabies! I just bought a Silhouette machine recently... and I love it. I have never seen the sticky machine though... going to google that for sure!
    Stacy
    Funky Fresh Firsties

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...