Don't get me wrong - I'm not whining... It's just a lot in one week!
1. The Sweetest Night... Our school's tradition has been to have an elaborate Grand March before the actual dance where the community comes out to support the kids (and to see them in all their formal attire). As each couple promenades to this cute backdrop, a little blurb about them will be read. The prom queen & king are announced during this event. This year's theme is "candy." I think it turned out very cute! (How many other schools have kindergarten and fourth grade teachers for prom sponsors?)
2. Jolly Phonics. Our PTO has generously purchased three (one for each kinder class) complete sets of Jolly Phonics. My daughter, Sarah, who teaches kindergarten in a neighboring corporation uses Jolly Phonics and feels that it is a great resource. My teaching partners and I approached PTO with a request that they provide funding for it, and happily they agreed. Our PTO is a great support for our students and school!
3. Knowledge Quest. I recently purchased several sets of Scholastic's new Knowledge Quest series. We had fun with this, Let's Visit a Farm set. Living in a farming community most of my students were familiar with many of the concepts presented in the books. The books range from fantasy fiction to non-fiction, but they all had some vocabulary words relating to farms. I made a Vocabulary Cloud activity to go along with this set (it will be available soon on TpT). I am looking forward to purchasing and using more of these great collections.
4. Relay for Life. The elementary teachers, aides, and principal took part in yesterday's Relay for Life. We had so much fun! We walked, talked, ate, laughed, and cried together. We not only came together to raise money for an important cause, we came together as a group of friends. I feel blessed to be a part of such a wonderful team of educators. (My pedometer counted 27,099 steps yesterday!)
5. Macie's Word Work. Here's a new product from my TpT store. I created this as a fun way to practice a variety of literacy skills.
|The final slide of the download features a photo of the real Macie! I'm just sure everyone wants to have a picture of my dog! lol|
Be sure to visit Doodle Bugs to link up your week!