Friday, June 14, 2013

Five for Friday - Down the Farm

Howdy!  I thought that I'd use some pictures of our little "farm" for this week's Five for Friday linky.

1.  Five dirty horses.  They love to go outside and roll around in the corral and haven't had a bath lately.

 "Mystery" the Arabian


 "Spirit" the Quar-Ab
 
 "Bob" the Tennessee Walker (on left) & "Alice" the Paint

 "Sundance" the American Mustang (he was born shortly after his mother was rounded up by the Bureau of Land Management.  Click HERE for a link on BLM horses.

2. The old barn across the street.  Once a cow barn, this old structure just sits there.  I really like it - it makes me smile.  :-)


 3.  Apple update.  Our apples are growing like crazy!  A recent strong storm didn't knock any down!  These pink ladies are about the size of ping pong balls!


4.  Pitch forks.  No particular reason for including them is this post...


5.  Barn kitty.  Clementine, a great mouser, sits on her favorite perch - hubby's old Allis Chalmers tractor.


I hope you enjoyed a peek at our rural life!

PS  If you link back to Doodle Bugs, check out #120 - the link just above mine.  Kinder Cakes is my daughter Sarah's blog!  

 [fiveforfriday%255B6%255D.jpg]

3 comments:

  1. I love your rural life! I can't believe your apples are so big in June!

    Sally from Elementary Matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those apples are beautiful! Ours are green! Your rural life looks wonderful to me. I enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! My husband is a corn and soybeans farmer and we have a few head of cattle. It is always fun to read about life in the country!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...