Thursday, March 8, 2012

"Snow" Math Center Activity

My Kinders really enjoyed this book, and really liked making their "villages" snow-covered!

This book has simple text, but it sparks some good discussions.
After reading the book to my students, they worked with their Skills Partners to work on addition. 
 

 I found the picture on Word, and printed it in grey scale. The pages of the book are very monochromatic, so I wanted something that was mostly grey, black, and white. Each student in the pairs selected, at random, a playing card (I removed face cards), and put that number of white pompon "snow" onto the picture. Once the "snow" was placed, the students found the sum, writing the number sentence they created onto a record sheet. (Not pictured.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...